Fields: housing, policy, communications, racial justice, social justice
Location: San Francisco, California
About the Organization: NPH is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1979. We activate our members to make the Bay Area a place where everyone has an affordable and stable home. We are 750 affordable housing developers, advocates, community leaders, and businesses working to secure resources, promote good policy, educate the public, and support affordable homes as the foundation for thriving individuals, families and neighborhoods.
About the Position: The Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California (NPH), an affordable housing advocacy membership organization based in San Francisco, seeks an energetic, self-motivated, team-oriented, and organized individual to provide communications support for a fast-paced eight-person office. This position is an hourly part-time (.25 FTE equivalent) temporary (6 month) position, with possibility to extend. This position reports to the Communications Director.
- Digital Communications: Draft, edit, and provide technical support for NPH’s web, email, and social media program
- Program and Event Marketing: Support NPH events and programs through marketing communications, event recruitment, and RSVP goals
- Be an extra set of eyes on external communications and messaging;
- Provide copy editing and review support for reports, white papers, and other materials;
- Monitor affordable housing news, industry activity and events.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: A successful Communications Assistant will love digital communications and have experience with email and social media programs, familiarity in CRMs (ideally, Mailchimp, SalsaLabs, and Salesforce), social media (Facebook and Twitter), and WordPress. The Communications Assistant should have a gift for writing and a strong eye for editing – specifically, writing copy for email programs, blog posts, and social media. This person should be able to work independently, while maintaining excellent communication with supervisor and staff and a collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate has project management skills and a flair for creativity while retaining a strong attention to detail. Comfort with photo/video/design work is a bonus, as is education/experience in policy work (and specifically, affordable housing policy.)
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Communications Assistant or with equivalent communications roles and responsibilities;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Excellent computer and technology skills including proficiency with WordPress, CRM and email programs, and social media.
- Experience with MailChimp, SalsaLabs, SalesForce preferred.
- Photo and video editing software experience a bonus!
- Previous experience in policy work (specifically, affordable housing policy) a plus;
- Commitment to racial and economic diversity, social justice, and affordable housing a must;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and ability to multitask, be flexible, and prioritize your time;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Estimated Salary: $20 – $25 / hour, dependent on experience and qualifications
Deadline: August 20, 2018 encouraged