Fields: nonprofits, consulting, research, fundraising, marketing
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: Koszyn & Company creates and executes fundraising and development programs and other special creative projects for cultural, educational and community institutions.
Koszyn & Company’s three areas of service include:
- fundraising and development programs;
- feasibility studies and strategic plans that lead to institutional growth; and
- program development of special projects, seminars and public education programs that raise visibility and increase funding for the institution.
About the Position: Koszyn & Company’s internships are opportunities for a self-starter with a strong interest in the nonprofit field or consulting to gain valuable hands-on experience and professional skills. Given the small and dynamic office environment, interns will be able to work closely with senior staff and be involved in many aspects of fundraising and development.
Interns will work in three specific focus areas relating to the overall goals of Koszyn & Company:
- Research: executing research for individual, institutional, and corporate prospects.
- Creating individual wealth profiles
- Producing foundation research tomes
- Conducting corporate research
- Development: working in the strategy and execution of fundraising plans.
- Prospect analysis: individual, institutional, and corporate
- Writing pitch and appeal letters
- Assisting staff with proposal editing
- Marketing: implementing marketing plans and generating designed materials.
- Assisting in designing client collateral
- Helping to create titles for Campaigns, donor groups, and organization slogans
- Supporting staff with event execution
- Must be enrolled at or a recent graduate of an accredited academic institution
- Interest in fundraising and the nonprofit sector
- Stellar research skills and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel spreadsheet design; advanced computer skills a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities in a team environment
- Maturity, motivation, and a positive attitude
Estimated Salary: $12/hour, 10 – 20 hours per week
Deadline: August 17, 2018, 6 pm
Koszyn & Company