Fields: social services, food justice, poverty, health, education
Location: Canfield, Ohio
About the Organization: Not given
About the Position:
• Act as a liaison to organizations inquiring about Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Education (SNAP-Ed) programs; clarify policies, procedures, and services
• Plan, coordinate, and teach nutrition education programs to SNAP-Ed eligible populations
• Develop and promote SNAP-Ed programming through outreach to, and participation in, local community committees and advisory boards to promote SNAP-Ed programs
• Teach food and nutrition-related subject matter to individuals receiving SNAP benefits or those eligible for these benefits:
• Teach participants in groups at community settings including but not limited to: Job and Family Services locations, homeless shelters, job training programs, food pantries, senior centers, etc.
• Teach food and nutrition-related subject matter to youth in groups at community settings including but not limited to: schools, summer food service programs, recreation programs, after-school programs, and YMCAs/YWCAs
• maintain accurate and complete records/reports for all activities
• use standardized evaluation instruments to assess program participants’ knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors to determine educational needs and program impacts.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences, or other health-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in program planning and implementation; experience in program planning and administration.
Desired: Community outreach and teaching experience with diverse audiences;
• knowledge of the low-income community and its infrastructure and culture;
• ability to partner with other individuals and agency representatives;
• ability to recruit schools and participants for nutrition classes;
• ability to serve on local committees and advisory boards to promote SNAP-Ed in the community;
• skills to adapt to change as the audience and/or program changes.
Estimated Salary: $15.51 – $19.23/hr + benefits
Deadline: August 12, 2018
Ohio State University