Fields: public interest, law, policy, racial justice, disabilities
About the Organization: Alliance for Justice is a national association of more than 130 organizations dedicated to advancing justice and democracy. For nearly 40 years we have been leaders in the fight for a more equitable society on behalf of a broad constituency of environmental, consumer, civil and women’s rights, children’s, senior citizens’ and other groups. Alliance for Justice is premised on the belief that all Americans have the right to secure justice in the courts and to have their voices heard when government makes decisions that affect their lives.
About the Position: AFJ is offering a twelve-month public interest fellowship focused on strengthening our research, analysis, and outreach capacities to raise awareness about the importance of the courts and judicial nominees with communities of color, including Native American, African American, Hawaiian and Pacific Islander, Latino/Latina, and Asian American communities; and people with disabilities. Those recently completing undergraduate or graduate programs or fellowships are encouraged to apply.
• Excellent research, writing, and oral communications skills.
• Ability to analyze and clearly explain concepts of law and public policy.
• An interest in federal law and the federal judiciary.
• Experience in advocacy and/or political work.
• Experience with outreach, political, and/or community organizing.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of audiences through various media, including phone, email, and in person.
• Demonstrated commitment to public interest.
Estimated Salary: $40,00 – $50,000 + benefits
Deadline: August 10, 2018
Alliance for Justice