Fields: immigrants, youth, education
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: The New York State Youth Leadership Council was the first undocumented youth led organization in New York. We work to empower immigrant youth through leadership development, grassroots organizing, educational advancement, and self-expression. Our goal is to give undocumented youth the tools and space to organize and create change in our communities.
About the Position: We seek a Part-Time Dream Team Coordinator who will be responsible for engaging our Dream Team Network, immigrant justice hubs in high schools and colleges, throughout New York City. The coordinator will be tasked with developing the current leadership of the teams, growing our membership base, and cultivating relationships with educators to build organizational capacity.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of people regardless of their identities and educational levels. People from marginalized backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Extremely knowledgeable with the full and diverse undocumented immigrant experience or have experience working with immigrant youth and families;
• Experience with youth organizing and educational systems in NYC;
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills that translate to various settings and is comfortable with public speaking;
• Works well independently and on a team to complete goals and adhere to timelines;
• Familiar with our organization, mission, and vision a plus;
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, Bengali, or Haitian Creole a plus
Estimated Salary: $20/hour (up to 24 hours per week) + benefits
Deadline: Until filled
New York State Youth Leadership Council