Fields: African American, youth, social work, psychology, sociology
Location: Takoma Park, Maryland
About the Organization: The organization’s mission is to positively influence and improve the social, emotional, and physical development of African-American youth and their families by providing them with resources to equip them with the confidence and skills essential to making healthy and positive choices as they deal with life challenges.
About the Position: The Career Navigator/Case Manager works to connect vulnerable youth and young adults to education and/or stable employment and wrap-around services. Works with participants to assess personal strengths, navigate educational and workforce options, and develop individualized plans to achieve educational goals, develop work readiness competencies, find work-based experiences, and secure and maintain gainful employment.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology or related field
· 1-3 years’ experience working with out of school at-risk youth ages 16-25
· Knowledge of adolescent psychology (including Stages of Change and developmental stages), Positive Youth Development Model, motivational interviewing and counseling
· Knowledge of community resources
· Experience using database software desirable
· Experience supporting at-risk youth entering into employment and/or post-secondary education preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills along with ability to make public presentations.
· Ability to assess individual skills with precision and make appropriate referrals.
Valid driver’s license required and must meet PYS’ driving record standard. Must be able to pass a federal criminal background check and a Child Protective Services background check.
Estimated Salary: $41,500 – $43,000
Deadline: August 27, 2018
Pride Youth Services