Fields: campaigns, advocacy, youth, politics, outreach
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
About the Organization: For the past 16 years the Connecticut Early Childhood Alliance has worked to:
• Raise awareness of the importance of the early years in a child’s life;
• Expand childcare and preschool options for families;
• Get adequate funding for early care programs;
• Improve coordination of state programs to support children.
We Vote For Kids is a non-partisan campaign to raise early childhood issues in Connecticut’s 2018 gubernatorial, state Senate and state House elections. A project of the Connecticut Early Childhood Alliance, this campaign will educate candidates on early childhood issues, build relationships with future decision makers and mobilize people who care about young children to participate in the election.
About the Position: The Connecticut Early Childhood Alliance uses digital tools, including but not limited to NationBuilder, Hootsuite, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, to strengthen and amplify a network of adults working to make things better for young children. The Alliance seeks a Digital Organizing Intern to help us grow and mobilize our online base of early childhood activists across the state. The Digital Organizing Intern will report to the Executive Director, and will work collaboratively with volunteers as well as our communications and advocacy staff. Here’s what you’d do in this Internship:
• Run high impact and creative digital campaigns (drafting the action alert and website copy, building the emails and the landing pages, checking analytics, coming up with next steps, partnering with allied organizations, etc.)
• Provide support and training for volunteers using our distributed digital organizing tools to grow local lists and run effective rapid response actions.
• Identify opportunities to engage the Alliance’s supporters by monitoring news and developments on our priority issue areas.
• Collaborate with Communications and Advocacy staff to coordinate campaign goals, develop campaign concepts, and produce content.
• Use analytics to optimize online campaigns and content for bigger impact.
• Create resources for local and affiliate organizations to amplify the campaign.
• Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support priorities.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: You could be great for this internship if you have:
• Experience in online campaigning or related fields.
• Experience developing digital strategy and content for issue-based, advocacy, or political campaigns; familiarity with a range of online campaigning tools and tactics.
• Excellent writing skills with experience in creative, compelling prose that can move people to take action; with good attention to detail.
• Knowledge of trends of digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, Facebook and Twitter.
• Proficiency using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience with NationBuilder.
• Knowledge of basic HTML and ability to resize images.
• Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
Although not required, a strong candidate may have some of the following:
• Project management experience and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Familiarity with Nationbuilder.
• Familiarity creating compelling visuals through Canva or similar tools
• Experience with online fundraising.
• Experience managing social media content for organizations and storytelling on social media platforms.
• Experience with distributed organizing tools.
• Experience managing volunteers.
• A record of building effective partnerships or coalitions with advocacy and/or activist groups.
• An understanding of the policy and political landscape around children’s issues
• Active involvement in social movements that work to support children and basic human needs
Estimated Salary: $15/hour
Deadline: August 17, 2018
Connecticut Early Childhood Alliance