Fields: food justice, agriculture, cities, youth, sustainability
Location: Harlem, NYC
About the Organization: Founded in 2011, Harlem Grown’s mission is to inspire youth to lead healthy and ambitious lives through mentorship and hands-on education in urban farming, sustainability, and nutrition. Harlem Grown’s youth focused programs include intensive school partnerships placing sustainability mentors and educators in six public schools, as well as educational farm tours, summer camp, a Saturday enrichment program, and a workforce development program for at-risk young adults. Our community development programs include volunteer service opportunities, wellness workshops, special events, commercial and community food scrap collection for composting, and fresh farm produce distribution to participants, volunteers, and neighborhood residents.
About the Position: Harlem Grown seeks an organized, enthusiastic Office Coordinator with a good sense of humor to coordinate reception, bookkeeping, purchasing, HR, and compliance functions, and to keep our small office running smoothly. The Office Coordinator will report to the Operations Director, and work closely with the Executive Director and other key staff on a variety of projects. Responsibilities include: Work as a team member to support Harlem Grown initiatives and programs; Serve as a role model for youth and reinforce Harlem Grown’s values of honesty, respect, and responsibility. Please note that all HG staff must submit to a background check before beginning work.
• Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
• Knowledge of Quickbooks Online and comfort maintaining detailed, accurate financial records
• Personable, friendly, positive team player that can troubleshoot the unexpected
• Polished and professional writer able to quickly draft email correspondence and content for public distribution
• Ability to supervise interns and volunteers, and to work with diverse community members
• Motivated, creative and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of CRM or data systems, a plus
• Flexibility to work an occasional night or weekend event
• English proficiency required. Conversational Spanish a plus.
Estimated Salary: $16 – 17/hr, depending on experience. Health insurance *subsidy details will be provided to applicants during the interview process
Deadline: Open until filled
Apply Here: Harlem Grown