Fields: social work, psychology, domestic violence, youth, criminal justice
Location: Sacramento, California
About the Organization: Stand Up Placer provides comprehensive services to Placer County survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and their non-offending family members. Our mission is to save lives by empowering survivors and educating communities to stand up to domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking.
About the Position: The Community Response Advocate is responsible for providing accompaniment services for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking at one of Stand Up Placer’s locations or on-scene with probation. The Community Response Advocate provides emotional support, crisis intervention services, and advocacy. They also assist clients with safety planning and ensure that clients have sufficient resources and referrals to meet their immediate needs. The Community Response Advocate assists clients with accessing emergency and supportive services. This position is responsible for abiding by agency policies and protocols while in the field and with fostering positive, professional relationships with the community partner(s) they are embedded with.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • Experience (2 years) working with survivors of violence and/or at-risk youth OR a combination of education and 1 year experience working with survivors of violence and/or at-risk youth
• General knowledge of Probation not required, but encouraged
• Possess knowledge of Placer County and surrounding counties’ resources; awareness of and sensitivity to the cultures represented in Placer County
• Previous experience working with victims of trauma or a willingness to learn
• Communicate and work well with people in crisis, from diverse backgrounds with non-judgmental attitudes and adhere by the empowerment model to services
• Ability to address crises and use critical thinking to problem-solve effectively
• Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s License and proof of insurance
• Bilingual Required
Estimated Salary: $14-16/hour. Benefits include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, 401K, paid vacation, sick time and holidays
Deadline: Not given
Apply Here: Stand Up Placer