Fields: community-development, poverty, dc
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
About the Organization: A Wider Circle’s mission is simple: to help one individual and one family after another to rise out of poverty. Our holistic approach includes the provision of basic need items, workforce development, wraparound support, and neighborhood revitalization. We hope that you will engage in the effort, as together, we can ensure that those with the greatest need become our greatest priority.
About the Position: Got muscle? How about compassion and the ability to communicate the mission? Ending poverty is going to take some heavy lifting. The movement is growing, and with it are the full- and part-time opportunities available to join a team of strong, compassionate, and dedicated individuals who work across the region to collect and redistribute beds, dressers, and large and small home goods. The Neighbor-to-Neighbor team provides critical support to those in need while also serving as the liaison between the organization and all those seeking to help the cause. This position requires a high level of professionalism and maturity.
• Travel to and interface with donors across the region to collect and redistribute beds, dressers, and large and small home goods
• Assist in maintaining areas of our 38,000 square-foot property
• Effectively communicate issues and updates to management personnel
• Assist in aspects of daily operations, including, but not limited to managing the parking lot, greeting donors and clients, and loading and unloading trucks as they arrive
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • Demonstrated commitment and passion to join the movement to end poverty
• Ability to drive a box truck (no different than a standard UHaul)
• Ability to lift and carry heavy furniture throughout the day
• Excellent communication skills and ability to speak well about the issues we address
Estimated Salary: 4 days a week/$40,000 a year
Apply Here: A Wider Circle