Fields: community development, civic engagement, outreach, leadership, government
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
About the Organization: Center For Neighborhoods is a Louisville, Kentucky based community building nonprofit. For over 45 years Center For Neighborhoods has cultivated grassroots leadership, provided leadership education, partnered with neighborhoods in community planning efforts, facilitated civic dialogue among stakeholders and actively participated in neighborhood-based development & improvement projects.
About the Position: Center For Neighborhoods is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Neighborhood Liaison to join its Community Engagement team. Under general supervision of the Senior Neighborhood Liaison or Executive Director, this full time position assists with outreach and works with individuals, neighborhood organizations, and institutions to create strong, vibrant and safe neighborhoods. The Neighborhood Liaison will: build relationships needed to create neighborhood-level change; start and/or strengthen neighborhood associations; and connect residents, leaders and organizations to resources to implement positive neighborhood projects. The Neighborhood Liaison will spend approximately 50% – 60% of their time on Outreach, to include but not limited to: one on one meetings with residents; attending neighborhood association meetings; making presentations to and facilitating discussions with neighborhood groups; and outreach to individual Metro Council members. The Neighborhood Liaison may also assist with the participatory development and implementation of community projects, neighborhood plans and/or strategies to address concerns of communities. Approximately 35-40% of time is spent on providing Technical Assistance, which may include but not limited to assisting residents with navigating Metro Government, assisting neighborhood associations with organizational issues, connecting residents with institutions to strengthen neighborhoods or other assistance. Approximately 10-15% of time is spent on administrative and internal duties.
“Successful candidates must possess the ability to:
- Work within diverse neighborhoods
- Effectively communicate to answer questions from neighborhood associations and residents regarding issues, concerns, and problems impacting neighborhoods.
- Coordinate multiple projects and/or programs as assigned and support office operations as needed.
- Speak publicly and facilitate group discussions in a constructive manner
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university OR equivalent work experience and education
- 6 months minimum (2 years preferred) work experience doing the following:
- engaging directly with diverse groups and the public in urban neighborhoods
- project coordination
- community organizing/improvement strategies
- conflict resolution and problem-solving functions
- Experience working with local officials, including elected officials, is preferred.
Estimated Salary: $32,000 – $38,000
Deadline: August 6, 2018
Apply Here: Center For Neighborhoods