Fields: philanthropy, fundraising, mental health, writing
Location: Santa Monica, California
About the Organization: The CLARE Foundation is a nonprofit organization located in Santa Monica providing compassionate treatment and recovery services for mental health and substance abuse to individuals, families, and the community.
About the Position: The Development Associate will be a key player on the Development team and support our fundraising activities to increase individual & institutional giving, corporate sponsorships and event management through the implementation of core fundraising strategies. The Associate will join a highly collaborative team and coordinate revenue activities to grow new donor acquisition that includes the planned development of affinity and membership groups, donor research and prospecting, donor appeals, and coordinating donor engagement opportunities and events. The Associate will help our grant writing leadership in coordination of stewardship activities of current institutional funders, actively participate in annual giving appeals, gift tracking and processing, donor correspondence and donor relations. We are looking for an individual with an exceptional aptitude for event coordination, excellent writing skills, donor engagement, marketing through digital communications, and driving a prospect research program. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for Clare’s mission and the non-profit sector, interested in a career in development/fundraising and has a demonstrated ability to execute administrative responsibilities while keeping an eye toward building operations that sustain fund development and revenue growth. The ideal candidate is poised for growth, highly organized, detail oriented, analytical, proactive and a strong communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in fundraising or event/volunteer management
- Outstanding writing and research skills; experience with grant writing or communications for fundraising a plus
- Prior experience working with organization with robust membership a plus
- Prior event coordination experience required
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Raisers Edge
- Must have executed prospect research in prior roles; Proficiency in LexisNexis, wealth capacity screens resources (Wealth Engine or iWave), and Relationship Science
- Savvy with mail and e-mail merge
- Familiarity with crowdfunding and fundraising platforms a plus
- Incredible attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple and competing deadlines
Estimated Salary: Up to $56,000
Apply Here: Clare Foundation