Fields: international development, government, economic development, French, community development
About the Organization: The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a bilateral United States foreign aid agency established by the U.S. Congress in 2004, applying a new philosophy toward foreign aid. It is an independent agency separate from the State Department and USAID. MCC’s mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth.
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCC’s values are CLEAR – Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountabilitly and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in Sector Operations Division within the Department of Compact Operations (DCO) of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC). DCO is responsible for developing and implementing MCC’s compact programs. Sector Operations ensures that compacts are designed and implemented within agency standards for gender integration, human and community development, agriculture and land, procurement, and financial management.
About the Position: As an International Development Intern, you will have an opportunity to:
• Provide research and analysis related to MCC and sector specific topics.
• Develop presentations, draft remarks and talking points, and create data visualization tools for meetings, events and travel.
• Undertake special projects at the request of the DVP in support of departmental and divisional priorities.
• Work closely with Practice Leads and Senior Directors to ensure clear lines of communication and coordination of the division.
• Assist in developing and managing tracking and reporting tools to monitor progress of the portfolio.
1. Academic Enrollment: You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited technical or vocational school, two-year or four-year college or university, graduate or professional school (go to http://www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ to verify accreditation status). Individuals who are enrolled must be taking at least a half-time academic, vocational, or technical course load leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate. “Half-time” is defined by the school in which the student is enrolled.
2a. Applicants must have completed four (4) academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in International Development, International Relations, Public policy or administration, Public Health, Agricultural Science, Environmental Science or Foreign Affairs. NOTE: Your transcript showing that you meet this requirement must be included with your application.
2b. Applicants have one (1) year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to the GS-4 grade level. For this position, specialized experience is defined as: experience providing administrative support for international development programs/projects in areas such as economics, finance, private sector development, agriculture, health, education, gender, political sciences, poverty alleviation, human rights, property and land rights, resource management or sustainability gained through working in an international NGO, international finance organization, multilateral organization, or global business. NOTE: This experience must be documented in your resume.
2c. A combination of education and experience in a related field may be combined to meet the total qualification requirements.
NOTE: Education must be related to areas described above. This combination of education and experience must be documented in your resume.
3. Desirable: Working knowledge or better of French in addition to English. Please include language(s) and level of proficiency in your resume.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. To receive credit you must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours worked per week.
Estimated Salary: $28,945 to $37,630 per year
Deadline: July 31, 2018
Apply Here: Millennium Challenge Corporation