Fields: philanthropy, economic-justice, community-mobilization, community, economic-development
Location: Flexible, Remote
About the Organization: Resource Generation envisions a world in which all communities are powerful, healthy, and living in alignment with the planet. A world that is racially and economically just in which wealth, land and power are shared. Resource Generation organizes young people with wealth and class privilege in the U.S. to become transformative leaders working towards the equitable distribution of wealth, land and power.
About the Position: Resource Generation is seeking a High Net Wealth and Family Philanthropy Coordinator at 30 hours a week to organize members of RG’s base who have high net wealth and who have family foundations. This program focuses on political education, leadership and skills development, and mobilizing to action among a portion of our base who have significant potential to move resources and to take leadership in philanthropy. This position will report to the Resource Mobilization Director.
- At least 2+ years of experience (paid or unpaid) in community organizing. Has demonstrated experience with engaging and mobilizing a base, and developing leaders.
- At least 1+ years of experience (paid or unpaid) in grassroots or individual donor fundraising. Has demonstrated experience with raising money from individual donors and increasing their giving over time.
- Relationship-building skills with a wide range of people. Excited to talk to people, to do outreach, to organize!
- Results-oriented: someone who gets it done, who is persistent, creative, and solutions-oriented no matter what the obstacles are
- Project management: Meets deadlines, knows how to manage and balance multiple tasks and projects, work plans and communicates about progress effectively.
- Team-player: Keeps what’s best for the whole in mind and action. Balances individual needs with bigger picture. Flexible and open to shifting priorities and timelines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a timely manner in a remote work environment via phone and email
- Experience working with or organizing high net wealth individuals
- A basic understanding of class, classism, and your own class identity
- Demonstrated commitment to economic and racial justice
- Belief in the importance of organizing young people with wealth to become leaders in movements for justice
Estimated Salary: $40,800 – $43,200
Deadline: July 29, 2018
Apply Here: Resource Generation