Fields: lgbtq, philanthropy, advocacy, communications, development
Location: San Francisco, California
About the Organization: The mission of the Center is to connect our diverse community to opportunities, resources and each other to achieve our vision of a stronger, healthier, and more equitable world for LGBT people and our allies. The Center’s strategies inspire and strengthen our community by:
• Fostering greater opportunities for people to thrive.
• Organizing for our future.
• Celebrating our history and culture.
• Building resources to create a legacy for future generations.
About the Position: The SF LGBT Center is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented team player with excellent administrative skills to serve as Development Assistant. This position provides skilled administrative and clerical support to the Center’s fundraising department. This position works closely with the Development Associate and Director of Development and is integral to the Center’s work of improving its fundraising effectiveness. The position requires 20 hours of work per week. Flexible schedule with some work on nights and weekends for special events expected.
- Preferred 1 year of data entry and/or administrative experience.
- Experience with donor management systems preferred but not required. Experience with Salesforce desirable.
- Commitment to the mission of the SF LGBT Center. Demonstrated ability to work with a broad cross-section of the LGBT community with cultural competency, sensitivity, and responsiveness to its varying needs.
- Excellent administrative skills. Proficiency is required in Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Extremely organized, efficient, and detailed-oriented with an attention to accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, customer service skills, and ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment.
- High standards of personal ethics, professionalism, and respectful communication.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
Estimated Salary: $22.00 per/hour
Deadline: Position open until filled.
Apply Here: SF LGBT Center