Fields: affordable housing, low income, communications, writing, fundraising
Location: Portland, Oregon
About the Organization: Started in 1981, Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHPME) revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. HFHPME is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. HFHPME is one of the most successful affiliates in the nation and is on the leading edge of program development, innovation and fundraising. Habitat welcomes people from all walks of life to partner in serving families in need and creating a better community for everyone who lives here. Through our 2021 Strategic Plan, HFHPME will serve more people than ever before through decent and affordable housing. This innovative and bold plan will triple the number of families served annually, and includes a shift to a new business model that leverages private fundraising with public, financial, and nonprofit partnerships.
About the Position: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team of committed professionals to help take our organization to new heights. We are looking for an experienced writer skilled in interviewing, researching, and writing compelling copy for blogs, social media, email campaigns, and marketing collateral. Telling stories about our work is the foundation of our fundraising and friend-raising strategies. This position will be responsible for managing Habitat for Humanity’s social media sites and editorial calendar. The Communications Coordinator will provide support with event coordination and event communications. The coordinator will assist the Director of Communications in implementing our annual public relations plan.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 2 years of writing/social media experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and blogs.
• Exceptional writing skills and a firm grasp of the English language, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Many of our families do not speak fluent English and this position will require the use of an interpreter.
• Curiosity and enthusiasm for storytelling
• Basic photography skills
• Self-starter, motivated, and creative
• Experience with Facebook Analytics, Facebook Ad Manager, and Google Analytics
• Experience with videography
• Experience writing fundraising emails
Estimated Salary: $16.83 – $19.24/hr to start, plus full benefits package
Deadline: July 15, 2018