Fields: interfaith, outreach, social justice, racial justice, San Diego
Location: Chula Vista, California
About the Organization: The First Unitarian Universalist Church of San Diego has offered a unique religious voice of freedom, reason, and tolerance since 1873. We do not tell you what you must believe. We don’t ask you to check your mind at the door. Instead we invite you to join in a conversation with us about the meaning of life, love, and service. At First Church we encourage you to ask the big questions of life. What do my life and death mean? How do I live with integrity? How can I love well? What gifts of service can I bring to help the world heal? Together we explore the answers of humanity’s wisdom traditions – not only from Jewish and Christian sources but also from the world’s religions, from nature, from science, and from modern thought.
About the Position: The South Bay Campus Administrative Assistant will provide onsite logistical support to all South Bay (SB) ministry teams and the South Bay minister as well as working in developing relationships with community organizations (outreach). We expect our ministry team work to occur through the lens of racial justice and dismantling racism, both internally and externally.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • Associates’ degree (or equivalent college units) or related experience
• Bilingual in English and Spanish (Advanced or Superior)
• Friendly, excellent communication skills, creative and out-of-the-box thinker and problem-solver
• Training and experience coordinating volunteers
• Experience with faith-based work
• Demonstrated leadership and group facilitation skills or potential to develop such skills
• Familiarity with community agencies and organizations, or a demonstrated ability to build relationships with community partners and work on a team
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills; manage email lists and timely correspondence
• Technical proficiency: i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, social media
• Have own transportation
Estimated Salary: $17 per hour at 10 hours per week
Apply Here: https://bit.ly/2Ntd7Yx