Fields: public interest, advocacy, journalism, marketing, communications
Location: Madison, Connecticut
About the Organization: truthinadvertising.org is a national non-profit organization that uses investigative journalism, education, and advocacy to empower consumers to protect themselves against false advertising and deceptive marketing.
About the Position: Truthinadvertising.org (TINA.org for short) is looking for someone to join our team to help us create content that will engage and educate our readers about false and misleading advertising. The person filling this role will be required to work collaboratively with various staff and juggle multiple tasks with limited supervision. Start date is flexible.
Job Tasks include:
• Create and maintain content for our website, social media platforms, email campaigns, etc.
• Create and/or source images, videos, animation and other multimedia
• Assist with social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or SnapChat
• Provide research (internet, LexisNexis, etc.) and administrative support
• Bachelor’s degree. New college grads are welcome!
• Creative thinking and strong writing skills
• Strong visual design skills and preferably experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
• Fluency in popular social media platforms is essential; Experience with WordPress is a plus
• An interest in consumer advocacy
Estimated Salary: $35,000-$36,000
Deadline: August 3, 2018
Apply Here: idealist.org