Fields: human rights, gender, labor, women, human trafficking
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Deadline: July 20, 2018
Details and Requirements: The Nebraska Coalition supports the philosophy that abuse is a choice and a practice by which people achieve power, gratification or financial advancement through the abuse of another person by abrogating that person’s human right to dignity, equality, autonomy and physical and mental well being.
The Human Trafficking Program Coordinator will assume primary responsibility for building capacity within services that are available to adult victims of human trafficking in the state of Nebraska, as well as working with agencies to enhance the services to best meet the needs of survivors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in:
- grassroots organizing and social change work, with an in depth understanding of primary prevention through a strong anti-oppression lens
- grant management, implementation, and reporting
- working with survivors of human trafficking, including working with other entities engaged in the system to address these societal problems
- Commitment to social change and social justice through embracing a strong antioppression framework, addressing systematic oppression and the needs of marginalized and underserved populations, and to serving in partnership with those communities
- access to own transportation and willingness to travel throughout Nebraska and occasionally out of state
- flexibility in scheduling, including overnight stays and extended days