Fields: Talent management, Development, Consulting, Latin America, Social responsibility, Global awareness
Location: Bay Area, California
Details and Requirements:
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 16-day immersion programs in Latin America.
The Bay Area Program Associate will work closely with our Bay Area program team to support our Bay Area partner school programs by promoting global awareness, social responsibility, and youth leadership in 50 Bay Area high schools.
- Strong public speaking skills – You will be presenting in front of 25-60 students, parents, and teachers in each presentation
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the regional education systems is a plus
- Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred, but not required
- International travel experience required
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Global Glimpse alumni preferred
This is an hourly, temporary contract position from September 15 – November 16. A comprehensive and in-depth training will take place in mid-September. Additional opportunities in for hourly support will be available April – May 2019.
Travel to partner schools is required during afternoon and/or evening hours. For presentations, you would be required to arrive at the school at 5:30 pm, and most presentations last from 6 pm-7:30 pm. For application workshops, you would be required to be at the school roughly 3 pm-5 pm. The Program Associate will be paid for travel time and will be reimbursed for all travel expenses. For instances where access to a car is not available, Global Glimpse will provide access to a company ZipCar account.
Salary: $15/hour; on average 10-20 hours per week