Fields: immigrants, women’s rights, advocacy, civic engagement, outreach
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum is the only national, multi-issue advocacy organization in the United States with the mission to build collective power of all AAPI women and girls to gain full agency over our lives, our families, and our communities.
About the Position: NAPAWF is seeking an independent, self-starting, and entrepreneurial community organizer in Philadelphia. The Organizer is responsible for growing our base & organizational capacity in Philadelphia, and coordinating our Philadelphia chapter leadership in building relationships with a broad array of non-profit organizations, faith-based leadership, low wage workers, immigrant, and university student leadership centered on building power for AAPI women and girls around a reproductive justice, economic justice, and immigration agenda. They will also be responsible for working with the Field Director to build a strong coalition centered on building power for AAPI women and girls around a reproductive justice agenda. The organizer will additionally be responsible for developing and coordinating various programmatic activities that will represent NAPAWF’s mission and vision effectively to a wide range of audiences.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are results oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A strong commitment to the issues of AAPI and/or immigrant women and girls, health, social justice and human rights.
- Experience in faith-based ministry and/or student organizing or workers organizing or general group leadership.
- Experience in leading trainings or in workshop facilitation. Generally strong people skills, and comfort talking in front of large groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar, and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Openness to learning and working within a small, dynamic and growing organization.
- Experience in voter education and mobilization campaigns is a plus.
- Proficiency in Khmer, Burmese, or Vietnamese languages is a plus.
An ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn about community organizing and social justice with a proven ability to build strong relationships with diverse constituencies, mobilize grassroots leadership, and develop and execute programmatic events. The Philadelphia Organizer must be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle a unique and dynamic workload. Must have access to a car, and have the capacity to work evening hours and/or weekends as required. Some light travel is required.
Estimated Salary: $39,000 – $42,000. NAPAWF is a union shop that is represented by the Campaign Workers Guild. All benefits will be negotiated as a part of the contract that the guild will bargain for on your behalf.
Deadline: Until filled