Fields: mental health, science, research, fundraising, health
Location: Newtown, Connecticut
About the Organization: Our mission is to prevent violence and build compassion through neuroscience research community engagement and education.
About the Position: The Development Associate is an entry-level position primarily responsible for assisting in the implementation of fund development activities. The Development Associate and will provide support to and work in collaboration with the Director of Development. This position is a good fit for a young professional looking to establish themselves with a rapidly growing nonprofit organization or a candidate returning to the workforce looking for a new challenge. Through performance reviews and goal achievement this position has the potential to become full-time.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social services, public administration, or related field
- Experience in Photoshop and graphic design software preferred
- Experience in web development
- Highly organized and motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task
Estimated Salary: $15-$20 hour, no more than 30 hours/week. PTO.
Deadline: February 15, 2019
The Avielle Foundation