Fields: social work, health, communications, latinos, indigenous
Location: San Francisco, California
About the Organization: Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Inc. (IFR) is multi-service community health and social service agency with an emphasis in serving the Chicano/Latino/Indígena community in San Francisco with a special focus on the diverse needs of the Mission District. Services include a wide range of mental health, HIV related services, and social services including health promotion, education, prevention, early intervention, case management, and psychological and psychiatric interventions as well as cultural/social and spiritual re-enforcement.
About the Position: The Communications Coordinator is a half-time position working under the supervision of the Policy & Communications Director. Working with a small Communications Team, the Coordinator will manage the social media, website and online duties for the organization, ensuring that messaging and branding are consistent with the agency’s mission, development goals, and community relations objectives. Within time limitations and organizational priorities, the Communications Coordinator will assist in generating text- and graphics-based content to maintain the agency’s visibility for current and prospective clients, providers, funders, donors, and community members.
- B.A. degree or significant coursework preferred in Communications, Web Design, Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Arts or related field; or 2+ years equivalent work and education
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Experience with editing and proofreading work; Outstanding written communication skills
- Strong interest in developing targeted social media content
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of diversity
- Experience in a non-profit community agency, and community-based agency or public service organization
- Knowledgeable about the Chicano/Latino/Indígena community in San Francisco
- 2 years’ experience in the non-profit sector in an administrative position
- Digital or print arts experience; Familiarity with Adobe Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience managing social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Yelp.
- Familiarity with creating campaigns in Google AdWords
- Working understanding of branding and marketing principles
Estimated Salary: $30.22-$32.97 (half-time position) depending on qualifications, education, skill set, and experience. This is a half-time (18 hours) non-exempt position with benefits.
Deadline: Until filled
Instituto Familiar de la Raza