Fields: immigrants, refugees, law, civic engagement, outreach
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: UnLocal staff, interns and collaborators currently hold 4-5 monthly month events on immigration law topics. In 2019, we are planning to expand our outreach and build our impact.
About the Position: The Community Outreach Coordinator will be an important addition to the Education and Outreach team. This individual will be responsible for maintaining relationships with our core and extended partners. In addition, they will be expected to create new relationships with immigrant groups, community-based organizations, workplaces, schools and allies; create original content for the access to higher education program, and create and conduct Know Your Rights presentations related to immigration and education. This is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about immigrant rights and energized to empower immigrant communities. This is a part-time, 24-28 hours/3 days per week position with some weekend and evening hours expected with a desired start date of no later than February 1, 2019.
- Associates Degree or higher
- Knowledge of U.S. immigration policies is required;
- Experienced at working in a variety of community-based settings; Interest and sensitivity in working with youth, survivors of violence and other vulnerable populations. Detail oriented, hard-working, empathetic, committed to community-centered and trauma-informed community engagement.
- Creative thinker and excellent at problem-solving;
- Public speaking and/or teaching experience; Strong, clear and effective communication;
- Fluency in English and Spanish and/or French highly preferred. Additional languages are beneficial.
Estimated Salary: $30,000 plus health, commuter and gym benefits
Deadline: January 24, 2019