Fields: African American, women’s rights, youth, sexual health, outreach
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: Black Women for Wellness is a non-profit committed to the health and well-being of Black women and girls through health education, empowerment and advocacy. Standing on the rich history of the resilience and strength of our culture, we envision a future for Black women and girls where we use our power, beauty and intelligence, to pursue and attain healthy lives and families. By joining Black Women for Wellness, you add your voice to the chorus of people and institutions working toward the enhanced health and empowerment of the Black community.
About the Position: We are seeking sexual health peer educators interested in conducting sexual health education and are knowledgeable in outreach. Sexual health peer educators will be working on a project focused on training youth in sexual health education and healthy relationships through social media and presentations in South Los Angeles. Implement a campaign that illustrate the connection between sexual harassment, rape culture, sexually transmitted infections, and how punishment and racism impact then reproductive health status of Black girls. 10-15 hours per week. Must have reliable transportation. Some flexibility in work hours is required.
- Between the ages of 16-24
- Passionate and comfortable with talking about sexual health and healthy relationships
- Strong interest in outreach and community advocacy
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and engaging with community members
- Easy going, diligent, and organized, with a good sense of humor
- Social media savvy is a MUST
- Open Minded/Flexible
Estimated Salary: $15/hour.
Deadline: Until filled
Black Women for Wellness