Fields: arts, youth, education, poverty,
About the Organization: Through the visual arts, Studio in a School NYC has enriched the lives of nearly one million children residing in the five boroughs of New York City since 1977. Studio brings professional artists into schools and community based organizations to lead classes in drawing, printmaking, painting, collage, sculpting, and digital media, and works with teachers to link art with other academic subjects. Studio dedicates itself to providing students with a full and meaningful visual arts experience. Approximately 90% of all children who participate in Studio programs come from low-income homes.
About the Position: Studio in a School NYC, LLC (Studio) seeks a dedicated, organized, collaborative administrator with an interest in arts education to join its program team as the Program Coordinator for Residency Programs. The Residency Program Coordinator will provide administrative, logistical, and clerical support for Studio programs with schools throughout New York City, serving as a liaison between Studio and its educational partners and Artist Instructor staff. The Coordinator works closely with the Program team and Executive, Finance, Development, and Marketing and Public Relations staff, as well as with program sites. The Coordinator will join a passionate, talented team in a dynamic and well-respected art education organization, while acquiring knowledge about art education and program design and implementation.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field preferred.
- 1 year of administrative experience.
- Extremely organized, attentive to detail, and able to work independently and effectively while juggling multiple tasks. Project management skills and follow through. Strong ability to set up efficient systems and processes to manage various aspects of the program.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment and interact with diverse staff members.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and a pleasant phone demeanor.
- Previous experience with Excel and/or Access a plus.
- Interest in arts education.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings to support trainings and events.
- NYC Department of Education Fingerprint and Background Check Clearance (upon employment).
Estimated Salary: Upper $30,000s range + benefits
Deadline: November 12, 2018
Studio in a School NYC, LLC