Fields: LGBTQ, gender, communications, writing, HTML
About the Organization: PFLAG National is the nation’s first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ+) people, their families and allies. PFLAG National has more than 200,000 members and supporters and over 400 chapters in the United States. This vast grassroots network is cultivated, resourced, and serviced by the PFLAG National staff, Board of Directors and Regional Directors.
About the Position: The Communications Assistant role is a yearlong, project-specific opportunity primarily to grow PFLAG’s communications infrastructure and social media presence across multiple platforms. This role also supports other communications efforts—writing, editing, website updates—as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong social media experience, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and SnapChat
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and attention to detail
- Experience using Google Analytics for reporting
- Basic graphic design and video editing experience, Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfort level working with remote employees, including offsite supervisor
- HTML experience desirable
- Experience with Salsa and Salesforce desirable
- Experience using Facebook Marketing Partners (ad tech, creative, analytics) desirable
Estimated Salary: $38,000 – $46,000 annual. Temporary, non-exempt. Full benefits.
Deadline: November 12, 2018
PFLAG (Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays)