Fields: environment, sustainability, health, philanthropy, outreach
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
About the Organization: Established in 1985, the Chesapeake Bay Trust is a non-profit, grant-making institution dedicated to promoting public awareness and participation in the restoration and protection of the natural resources of Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay region. In the past decade, the Trust has increased its grant-making four-fold through new partnerships, with current annual grant-making of approximately $10 million. The Trust currently allocates these grant funds through more than 400 awards per year to entities who apply through open, competitive calls for proposals.
About the Position: The Chesapeake Bay Trust seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Program Assistant in the Outreach and Education Program Department. This position will assist the Trust with grant review, grant management, and grant tracking. The person in this position will spend approximately 80% of his or her time assisting the Outreach and Education team in advancing its mission, and approximately 20% of his or her time supporting the Trust in other avenues of work. This person will be a key member of a sixteen-person staff. This is a full-time salary position (40 hours per week) that requires periodic evening and weekend work. The Assistant will report directly to the Director of Outreach & Education Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environment/natural resources field preferred.
- Ability to tackle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required. The right candidate must be exceptionally thorough and detail-orientated.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings in an office environment required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (especially Word and Excel) required.
- Experience with at least one database that illustrates ability to learn preferred, but not required.
Estimated Salary: $30,000-$35,000 with excellent benefits package including a professional development budget and opportunities.
Deadline: Until filled – review starts October 26, 2018
Chesapeake Bay Trust