Fields: latinos, immigrants, education, racial justice, gender
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
About the Organization: Latinos working for immigration and education justice. unidos-mn is a grassroots organization that empowers and trains Minnesota’s immigrant youth to challenge and change the systems that create educational barriers for our state’s immigrant communities. Through our programs, these young adults advocate for opportunities for all immigrant students, developing skills that lead to policy changes for a better Minnesota for all.
About the Position: This is an entry level position. We will support, train and develop the right compx [sic]. The Entry Level Digital Organizer is a leadership development position to grow, foster and invest on the right individual to become the lead on all digital campaigns, while simultaneously building digital capacity within Unidos MN Minnesota and across the movement for racial, gender and economic justice.
Responsibilities include developing and executing digital strategies for our campaigns, developing and deploying a strong cultural Latinx media strategy and original content, integrating digital & in-person organizing strategies, ensuring that all staff are trained to use digital tools powerfully, and partnering with key ally organizations to advance aligned strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- An understanding and the ability to apply a racial, gender, and economic justice lenses that are required to organize successfully in our diverse communities.
- Excellent written communications skills through a variety of channels, including email blasts, Facebook posts, and tweets.
- Experience developing and executing campaign plans.
- Ability to motivate diverse groups of people and be a strong team player.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- An open-minded approach and willingness to continually learn new technologies, strategies, and tactics related to the rapidly changing field of digital organizing.
- Graphic design capability
- Ability to track, report, and respond to digital metrics
- Knowledge of database systems.
- We strongly encourage DACA, immigrant and TPS folks to apply.
Estimated Salary: $18/hour
Deadline: Until filled