Fields: arts, culture, fundraising, media, marketing
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: Northwest Folklife creates opportunities for all to celebrate, share, and participate in the evolving cultural traditions of the Pacific Northwest. NWFL NWFL believes the arts revitalize people and communities, and is dedicated to the preservation of cultural heritage and its continued growth and development. NWFL understands that everyone is a bearer of folk arts and that it is as important to participate in the arts as it is to observe them. NWFL encourages communities to share their cultural arts, believing that interaction with new audiences enriches the community as much as the audience. When people share aspects of their culture, opportunities are created to dissolve misunderstandings, break down stereotypes and increase respect for one another. NWFL relies on the diverse communities of the Pacific Northwest to inspire programs and collaborates with these communities to develop public presentations of their culture.
About the Position: Research, initiate, develop and facilitate collaborative partnerships and sponsorships that generate revenue for, as well as increase engagement in Northwest Folklife’s programs and events. Building relationships should promote the mission of NWFL and cultivate investments centered on equity, community engagement and artistic excellence. Full-time (32-40 Hours)*, Non-Exempt, Benefits.
*As Northwest Folklife produces multiple programs and events, work schedule flexibility is necessary. Candidates for this position must have the ability to work some evening and weekends, particularly around the Annual Festival in May. Scheduling will be negotiated with your supervisors (Managing Director & Executive Artistic Director).
- Passion for: Arts and culture, promoting cultural exchange, and community building.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, profile, cultivate and manage new partnerships and accounts.
- Demonstrated experience with pitch development, negotiation and contracting.
- Some established connections with corporate marketing contacts and/or media outlets.
- Initiative, a positive attitude and demonstrated collaboration skills. Demonstrated success in developing, engaging and managing relationship-building strategies.
- Understanding of budgeting and financial reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Oral and/or written fluency in multiple languages a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure efficiently, with grace.
- Excellent problem solving skills with strategic and project management capabilities.
- Fluency in task management software and database programs.
- Event experience a must, large scale event experience a plus.
Estimated Salary: Starting at $18/hour (range is dependent on experience and qualifications) + benefits
Deadline: October 5, 2018 5:00 PM