Fields: LGBTQ, policy, law, social science, data analysis
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: The Williams Institute is dedicated to conducting rigorous, independent research on sexual orientation and gender identity law and public policy. A think tank at UCLA Law, the Williams Institute produces high-quality research with real-world relevance and disseminates it to judges, legislators, policymakers, media and the public.
About the Position:
- The Williams Institute Research Assistant will assist the Research Director and Institute Scholars in conducting social science, public health, and public policy research related to the mission of the Institute.
- Primary responsibilities include conducting literature reviews, assisting with reports, manuscripts, grant proposals, fact sheets, graphics, presentations, scholar sign-on letters, tracking Institute products for grant reports, and coordinating meetings and webinars.
- Participation in Institute meetings, seminars, educational events, and other meetings, as determined by the supervisor, is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Substantive knowledge of international sexual orientation and gender identity policy issues.
- Excellent research skills (e.g., experience conducting bibliographic searches, performing writing and analysis, selecting and using print and electronic research tools).
- Working knowledge of social science research and demonstrated ability to write clear, cogent, factually accurate documents.
- Familiarity conducting literature reviews.
- Familiarity with analytical software for quantitative (e.g., Stata, SAS, SPPS) and qualitative data (e.g. ATLAS.ti, NVivo).
- Detailed knowledge in editing correspondence for correct meaning, word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Skill in negotiating, exchanging ideas, information and opinions with others to arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions and solutions.
Estimated Salary: $20.89/hour
Deadline: October 6, 2018
The Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law