Fields: social services, gender, job training, correctional system, social work
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to reduce the use of jail and prison, assist victims of crime, and strengthen communities. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research and provides consulting services to justice innovators.
About the Position: The Midtown Community Court seeks a Fatherhood Support Specialist for UpNext, a job training and family engagement program for non-custodial fathers, many of whom have had previous involvement with the criminal justice system. UpNext provides tools, training, and resources for participants to successfully compete in today’s job market and connect with their families. Reporting to the UpNext Program Coordinator, the Fatherhood Support Specialist will be responsible for case management, facilitating fatherhood programming, and oversee alumni programming.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Provide one-on-one case management and support services to participants (service plan, referrals, and follow up); Facilitate fatherhood sessions focused on healthy masculinity, positive childhood development, and healthy co-parenting relationships.
- Seeking an extremely outgoing, personable and professional individual who can think creatively and critically about their approach in engaging a marginalized population;
- A detail-oriented, self-starter who takes initiative and can get things done in a high-paced environment, and who is sensitive to working with people who have criminal backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and computer skills required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and experience in reentry and fatherhood/family support services.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) strongly preferred.
- An interest in restorative practices and procedural justice a plus.
Estimated Salary: Salary range starts at mid $30,000 and is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Deadline: September 29, 2018
Center for Court Innovation