Fields: international development, faith, Congo, Africa, fundraising
Location: Durham, North Carolina
About the Organization: Congo Initiative (CI) is a multi-faceted intervention in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo with the specific aim of developing a new generation of ethical leaders to model and lead social, spiritual, and economic change in all sectors of Congolese society. At the heart of CI’s work is the Christian Bilingual University of Congo, around which several other strategic community outreach programs and projects have emerged to address a variety of critical needs. Congo Initiative USA is the resource and partnership development arm of CI in the U.S. Building deep and lasting relationships that lead to increasing financial investment from individual donors, foundations, and church partners is the essence of CI-USA’s mission.
About the Position: The Administrative Coordinator will provide critical support for a growing organization. This is a newly created, part-time position that reports to the Executive Director. Responsibilities: Accounting and Finance (10 hours), Major Gifts (5 hours), Communications and General Office Support (7 hours), Fundraising Events (3 hours).
The ideal candidate will have outstanding organizational, administrative, and communication skills, thrive in a multi-tasking role, exhibit flexibility and patience with poise, and take pride in contributing to the excellence and professionalism of the organization.
- 2 years of administrative or office management experience required (editor’s note: or degree?)
- Experience in nonprofit accounting, project management, and/or CRM database management preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Congo Initiative
- Must be comfortable handling money and basic accounting tasks
- Extremely attentive to detail and highly organized
- Excellent writing and editing skills; Proficient and clear communicator
- Team-oriented and flexible
- Able to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously with grace and poise
- Impeccable degree of personal integrity and discretion
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Estimated Salary: $16/hour
Deadline: September 30, 2018
Congo Initiative USA