Fields: media, arts, film, journalism, communications
About the Organization: Women in Film & Video (WIFV) is dedicated to advancing the career development and achievement for professionals working in all areas of screen-based media and related disciplines. WIFV supports women in the industry by promoting equal opportunities, encouraging professional development, serving as an information network, and educating the public about women’s creative and technical achievements. Our resources, connections and advocates support a vibrant, creative media community. Located in one of the country’s leading non-fiction film production centers and at the center of federal, non-profit and non-governmental agencies, WIFV is uniquely positioned to offer its members unsurpassed continuing education offerings and connect them to professional opportunities across the globe.
About the Position: The full-time Coordinator is responsible for membership administration, coordination of public programs, and general office functions. The Coordinator plays a critical role in WIFV’s work to advance women in the media industry and reports to the Executive Director.
MEMBERSHIP – The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure and direct communications that results in an engaged membership.
PROGRAMMING – The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining an infrastructure that supports signature WIFV programs including ten Wednesday Ones, ScriptDC, Kids World Film Fest, Executive Events, Open House, Holiday Party, Roundtables.
ADMINISTRATIVE – Updates website content including events calendar; Maintains listservs for membership, roundtables, and board; Manages visual archives (etc)
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills with a strong emphasis on membership and programming.
- BA College degree preferred or equivalent work experience in an office environment.
- Membership and/or non-profit organization experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills (PC) necessary including database management, Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media platforms. Experience with Mac programs a plus.
- Detail-oriented with good administrative and excellent customer service skills: ability to meet diverse membership needs in a professional manner, by telephone, email and face to face.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment, all with a great sense of humor!
- Ability to work varied hours (evenings, early mornings, a few weekends)
- Interest the multi-media industry.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 a year. Note: Dr. Amy K. Glasmeier at MIT estimates the living wage in the District of Columbia to be $35,392.
Deadline: Until filled
Women in Film & Video of Washington, DC