Fields: social change, community development, philanthropy, fundraising, communications
About the Organization: For more than 45 years, the Greater Washington Community Foundation has been a champion of thriving communities and a catalyst for community change made possible through local philanthropic engagement, effective community investment, and civic leadership. We work with donors and partners to make a real difference every day in our communities by aligning resources and leveraging shared interests to amplify impact. As the region’s largest local funder, we have invested more than $1.2 billion to build more equitable, just and enriching communities where all residents can live, work and thrive.
About the Position: The Digital Communications Fellow is a paid, part-time position (up to 20 hours per week), reporting to the Senior Director for Marketing and Communications. He/she is responsible for developing and providing support to execute a coordinated digital media strategy. The position assists the marketing team in achieving their goals to raise awareness and attract new donors. This is a part-time position up to 20 hours per week from September – December. This position is not eligible for company benefits plan.
- 1 year of work experience, or equivalent internship experience, involving digital media marketing
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in marketing, communications, advertising, PR or other relevant discipline preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills; Self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines; Ability to work in a high-pace environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Creative and strategic thinker willing to challenge the status quo
- Proficiency with social media channels, analytics tools, and mass email providers preferred, but not required
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, up to 20 hours/week
Deadline: ASAP – for fall
Greater Washington Community Foundation