Fields: policy, government, civil society, social science, politics
About the Organization: Third Way represents Americans in the “vital center” — those who believe in pragmatic solutions and principled compromise, but who too often are ignored in Washington. Our mission is to advance moderate policy and political ideas. Third Way’s ideas have been used by the President, members of Congress, governors, mayors and countless political candidates. Based on our record, the media has labeled us “the future of think tanks,” “incorrigible pragmatists,” “radical centrists,” and the “best source for new ideas in public policy.”
About the Position: Third Way’s Political Team is looking for a smart, creative, and enthusiastic person to work side-by-side with Third Way staff to help track and research the 2018 midterm elections. This internship is a great fit for someone wanting to get more involved in political research. Must be able to work part-time for around 15-20 hours a week. The internship will last from September 2018 to December 2018. Must be able to work onsite in our office located in Washington, DC.
Interns are an integral part of our team, and they work on a variety of tasks that are critical to our strategy, including:
- Research & Writing: This intern will conduct research on congressional and gubernatorial campaigns during the 2018 midterms to help see what issues Democratic candidates are supporting and championing and write reports and analysis on these topics to advise staff throughout Third Way.
- Verbal Communication: This position will interact frequently with Third Way’s politics team and leadership, making an ability to convey information concisely and cogently in person a priority.
- Current college or graduate students or recent graduates preferred, but not required.
- Candidates must have an interest in and knowledge of the intersection of public policy and national politics.
- Research skills: we’re looking for someone who is a whiz on the Internet—checking quotes, chasing down facts, digging up poll results and election returns, with an ability to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources.
Estimated Salary: $15/hour
Deadline: ASAP – for fall