Fields: social services, homeless, mental health, domestic violence, psychology
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in the greater Puget Sound region. Our focus areas fall into the following categories: services, shelter, and transitional housing for individuals and families experiencing homelessness; permanent low-income housing for individuals or families who do not make a living wage or are formerly homeless; and development of affordable housing units for low-income tenants. When a person walks into one of our centers, they find a welcoming space run by a caring, compassionate staff. Our innovative programs combine the stability of shelter and housing with the support of comprehensive case management. This results in programming that addresses the root causes of homelessness and change that is not only transformative, but lasting.
About the Position: The Human Resources (HR) Assistant is an important link to ensure quality internal services to agency personnel by providing administrative support to the HR department. They are responsible for performing a variety of HR support duties including the maintenance of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) databases, employee records, and files, as well as analytical recordkeeping and reporting. The Assistant supports agency staffing activities and liaises with payroll and other departments to ensure quality, timely, and accurate data. They provide employee information to authorized persons and assist employees on matters regarding HR forms, records, and procedures. This job will provide a great learning opportunity for someone with administrative experience who is looking to break into human resources. Location: Headquarters in Pioneer Square – Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
- The ideal applicant will possess strong organizational, communication, and time management skills as well as an understanding of and passion for Compass’ mission.
- Associate’s degree is required, Bachelor’s degree is strongly desired in human resources, business or related field OR relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
- Strong attention to detail, required. Strength in both following and improving upon procedures.
- Passionate, professional commitment to mitigating homelessness and providing affordable housing in the community, required; Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Promote a team environment that values, encourages, and supports differences; Sensitive to and able to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse economic circumstances, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, physical and mental abilities, and sexual orientation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- 1 year of experience working in an administrative support role, with emphasis on quality customer service, required.
- 1 year of data entry experience, ideally with proficiency and accuracy concerning high volumes of data, desired.
- Human Resources related education, work, and/or volunteer experience, desired.
Estimated Salary: $18 – $21 hourly / $37,440 – $43,680 annually DOE. Complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Flexible Spending Account, fully paid Orca transportation card, 403(b) retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Deadline: Not given
Compass Housing Alliance