Fields: social change, environment, rural, outreach, campaigns
Location: Billings, Montana
About the Organization: For 45 years, the Northern Plains Resource Council has helped Montana citizens organize to protect water quality, family farms and ranches, and our unique quality of life.
About the Position: We are looking for an energetic, outgoing individual who is passionate about impacting change at the grassroots level to fill our new field organizer position. Our field organizers work with Northern Plains as a whole, with our local affiliate groups (mostly in small, rural communities), and with our issue task forces. This is very much a “people” job.START DATE: Negotiable October 1 – December 1, 2018.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement strategy on issue campaigns.
- Conduct research.
- Participate in grassroots fundraising efforts.
- Train members in organizational skills.
- Organize meetings and events.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Recruit new members; Generate turnout for events.
- Help members in their contacts with public officials and the press.
- Assist with duties such as member renewal, special events, and routine office tasks.
- Help produce earned media in the form of letters to the editor and press coverage.
- Commitment to Northern Plains’ issues and values.
- Ability to get along well with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to travel and be away overnight; Willingness to work long hours when needed.
- Also helpful:
- Experience (either as a volunteer or staffer) with a nonprofit organization working for social change or on environmental issues.
- Experience in a political campaign.
- General familiarity with the workings of legislative bodies and agencies.
- Familiarity with conservation and agriculture issues.
- Experience with the media and fundraising.
Estimated Salary: $31,000- $36,000 to start, depending on experience + health insurance; 4 weeks paid vacation; pension program; 8 paid holidays, paid sick leave; flex time, opportunity for advancement, sabbatical program after 5 years of employment.
Deadline: Until filled
Northern Plains Resource Council