Fields: poverty, law, civil rights, data analysis, statistics
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
About the Organization: The mission of Maryland Legal Services Corporation is to is ensure low-income Marylanders have access to stable, efficient and effective civil legal assistance through the distribution of funds to nonprofit legal services organizations.
About the Position: MLSC, a small nonprofit, seeks a Program Coordinator to administer the organization’s grant and contact databases and assist with grantmaking and communications tasks. This position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 am – 5 pm.
- Maintain MLSC grants management database and serve as main contact for grantees with technical questions about the system.
- Maintain up-to-date contact information in organization’s contact database.
- Log incoming donations and outgoing grants.
- Create statistical reports from databases, which may include data analysis and graphing in Excel.
- Create narrative summaries from grant applications and reports; Prepare annual notices for grantees.
- Assist with upkeep of the MLSC website.
- Assist with preparation for and administration of annual awards event; Provide administrative support, such as scheduling grantee meetings, as needed.
- Seeking a candidate with demonstrated commitment to public service/nonprofit work.
- Position requires writing skills, professionalism, general computer skills, attention to detail, comfort working with numbers and dependability.
- Database experience required; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree OR four years of relevant experience preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
Estimated Salary: $45,000+ salary depending on experience and skills, plus generous benefits package including health, dental, long-term disability, retirement plan and company-paid parking/transit allowance.
Deadline: Until filled
Apply Here: Send cover letter and resume with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line to Deb Seltzer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your cover letter and/or resume explains your database experience, and please mention where you saw this posting in your cover letter. (It really says that!! -LB)