Fields: philanthropy, marketing, communications, arts, culture
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the vibrant cultural tapestry of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE outdoor, bilingual performances celebrating LA’s rich diversity through free, live music are presented at Levitt LA, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres.
Each summer, over 60,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free, live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and family-friendly atmosphere offered at Levitt LA!
About the Position: Do you love keeping your finger on the pulse of LA’s rich and eclectic music scene? Do you love curating and creating original content? Do you want to gain hands-on communications experience promoting “the most prolific free concert series of summer” as described by LA Magazine? If so, join the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles communications team this fall!
The Levitt LA Fall Communications Intern will help engage Levitt LA’s growing audience base in the off-season; celebrating the 50 free concerts that took place during the 2018 season and generating excitement around the 2019 season; crafting original brand-building content to populate Levitt LA’s website, blog and social media platforms; tracking Levitt LA media coverage and advertising deliverables; and potentially authoring up to three blog pieces on the national Levitt blog, reVerb.
- Must currently be enrolled in college/university as a junior or senior, preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Music Business/Industry, Nonprofit/Arts Administration or a related field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus
- Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
- Well-versed and current in social media platforms, tools and trends
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have valid CA driver’s license, insurance, and automobile to use during working hours; mileage and parking will be reimbursed by Levitt Foundation on a monthly basis
Estimated Salary: Honorarium up to $2,000. This works out to $8.33/hour if 24 hours/week.
Deadline: September 5, 2018
Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation