Fields: cooperatives, communications, social justice, sustainability, marketing
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
About the Organization: The New York City Network of Worker Cooperatives (NYC NOWC) is the trade association for worker cooperative businesses in the NYC metropolitan region. We aim to increase public awareness of workplace democracy and improve business conditions for democratic, worker-owned businesses. We’re a startup nonprofit organization funded through an NYC City Council Worker Cooperative Business Development Initiative (WCBDI). We deeply value nimbleness, initiative, creativity, intelligence, collaboration, and action. You will be part of a lean team, with an active board of passionate worker-owners and advocates for social and economic justice.
About the Position: As a Program and Communications Associate of NYC NOWC, you will be responsible for program coordination, communication outreach and reporting. You are entrepreneurial, driven, and deeply committed both to mission and to making sure that things that need to get done, are done. There is possible room to grow into an eventual full-time position.
- Highly organized and attention to detail
- Self starter, independent, flexible and a collaborative worker comfortable working in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communicator; At least 1-2 years of communications
- English and Spanish fluency a must
- Experience with event planning a strong plus
- Experience with worker-cooperatives a plus
- Marketing and/or organizing experience a plus
- Experience with CiviCRM a plus
Estimated Salary: Part time position (20 – 25 hours per week) with a salary equivalent to $50,000 for full time.
Deadline: August 19, 2018
New York City Network of Worker Cooperatives