Fields: peacebuilding, conflict resolution, racial justice, women, security
About the Organization: Women of Color Advancing Peace, Security and Conflict Transformation is a 501c3 organization founded in 2017. Its vision is to advance the leadership and professional development of women of color in the fields of peace, security, and conflict transformation. In promoting its mission to ensure that global issues have a variety of perspectives, it has created a platform devoted to women of color that cultivates a strong voice and network for its members while encouraging dialogue and strategies for engaging in policy discussions on an international scale.
About the Position: WCAPS is seeking an intern to work with the WCAPS leadership as it develops its programs and activities. The position is for 20-hrs/wk though more hours are possible during busier time frames for the organization. The intern will work with the WCAPS leadership on the following activities:
• Development of its mentorship program
• Outreach to high schools, colleges and universities
• Write summaries from WCAPS events and activities
• Do light research
• Engage partner organizations and institutions, including NGOs and Think Tanks
• Assist/coordinate event planning and WCAPS social media accounts
• Develop a WCAPS database of women of color in the fields of peace, security and conflict transformation
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • Must have excellent research and writing skills
• Some knowledge of website maintenance (preferably Squarespace)
• An interest in issues of peace, security and conflict transformation is a plus.
Estimated Salary: $20.00/hour, for 20 hours a week. Health insurance not included.
Deadline: August 9, 2018
Apply Here: Interested applicants should submit a résumé, writing sample and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org