Fields: youth, fundraising, economic-justice, community, homelessness
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
About the Organization: Beverly’s Birthdays, a Pittsburgh nonprofit organization, provides birthday cheer for children experiencing homelessness and families in-need.
About the Position: Reporting to the Program Managers, the Child & Youth Program Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the operational and programming success of Beverly’s Birthdays. This is a full-time position (M-F) and will require evening and weekend commitments.
- A passion for working with at-risk populations and a commitment to Beverly’s Birthdays mission
- Significant experience working with children, of all ages, and experience planning and designing games/recreational activities. (Preferably experience running after school programs, preschool programs, or summer camps for underserved youth)
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated ability to establish clear objectives, monitor progress and achieve programming goals
- Experience leading groups of individuals on team projects
- High energy level, strong sense of initiative, enthusiasm, diplomacy, professionalism, transparency, accountability, flexibility and discretion.
- Team builder; creative thinker and problem solver.
- An outgoing personality
- A passion for crafting and all things Pinterest
- A FLEXIBLE schedule (at least 2 evenings per week to facilitate the birthday parties)
- BONUS: Experience driving a large passenger van or box truck
- Education: Preferably a degree in Education/Nonprofit Management/Psychology/Communication, or Social Work and/or proven track record volunteering or working with a nonprofit organization that have a youth focus
Candidate must have their own vehicle, and a valid driver’s license. They must be comfortable with driving their vehicle for programming purposes. This position does require physical labor as it involves lifting and sorting product/supplies.
Estimated Salary: $32,000 and a healthcare stipend
Apply Here: Beverly’s Birthdays