Fields: youth, technology, arts, design, spanish
Location: Lawrence, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Lawrence CommunityWorks (LCW) is a network of individuals and families that are changing the City of Lawrence from a place of few opportunities to a community where families and neighborhoods thrive. LCW’s Movement City (MC) provides creative opportunities for youth ages 10 to 18 to explore and express themselves creatively while developing skills to live fulfilling and socially responsible lives. We do this by engaging youth in creative art and design, academic enrichment, and leadership development opportunities.
About the Position: Movement City-Lawrence CommunityWorks seeks an individual to run an innovative department called The Clubhouse. The Clubhouse, established with the support of The Clubhouse Network, a project of the Museum of Science, Boston in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, offers young people (ages 10 to 18) the opportunity to work on projects they find meaningful to their lives, using computers and technology. The program provides support and resources for young people to pursue their interests and build upon their talents.
- Passion for and experience with working with teens and adolescents
- Experience with computers and interest in technology as a creative and empowering tool
- Demonstrated ability to reach out to youth, parents, educators, and community leaders
- Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and a talent for making people feel welcome and included
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage various tasks/projects at once
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Fluency in Spanish and English strongly prefered
Estimated Salary: $35,000-$42,000
Apply Here: Movement City-Lawrence CommunityWorks