Fields: social work, children, human services, family, latinos
Location: San Francisco, California
About the Organization: Instituto Familiar de la Raza, Inc. is a multi-service community health and social service agency with an emphasis on serving the Chicano/Latino community in San Francisco. Casa Corazón provides Family Support Services programs within IFR. Program services include parent child interactive groups, case management, parenting classes, parent leadership development, etc. Utilizing a model that supports family resilience, cultural diversity, and community empowerment, Casa Corazón helps ensure that Chicano/Latino families receive the support they need to remain safe and healthy.
About the Position: • Provides family support services: parenting classes, support groups, parent/child interactive groups, child watch, parent consultations, information and referrals, etc.
• Conducts data collection and reporting
• Provides advocacy services and other related tasks as needed
• This position requires the candidate to work evenings and some weekends
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • Excellent verbal communication skills in Spanish
• Knowledge and sensitivity to issues of diversity in the Latino/Chicano community including that of gender, race, language, sexual orientation, immigration and socio-economic status
• One year’s experience providing paid or volunteer community health education services
Estimated Salary: $20.33-$23.08
Apply Here: https://bit.ly/2tZQCSR