Fields: food justice, immigrants, cooperatives, economic justice, children
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: Ballard Food Bank’s mission is to bring food and hope to our neighbors…because there can be enough for everyone. To achieve our mission, we provide access to nutritious foods through our unique grocery-model food bank, financial resources, referral and mail services that support self-sufficiency, and we advocate for food equity and justice.
About the Position: The Program Assistant will be a member of our small but mighty team. This person will coordinate programs and administrative tasks that support our strategic goals around access to nutritious food. The Program Assistant will work on the Weekend Food For Kids program by partnering with local schools and volunteers to ensure students have healthy, kid‐friendly food options on the weekend. The individual will work with our staff to support programs that ensure individuals who are home‐bound have access to food on a weekly basis. Within the food bank, the Program Assistant will collaborate with staff and volunteers to promote cooking classes and other programs that encourage healthy food.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: • BA *OR* 3‐4 yrs. applicable experience required.
• Ability to serve children, adults, and families from diverse backgrounds and cultures in a respectful manner, and to work respectfully and collaborate with staff and volunteers
• Excellent conflict management skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent customer service and commitment to quality service.
• Proficiency in Spanish or another language spoken by recent immigrants to Seattle a plus
Deadline: July 13, 2018
Apply Here: http://www.ballardfoodbank.org/job-openings/