Fields: media literacy, civic engagement, education, critical thinking
Details and Requirements: The LAMP (Learning About Multimedia Project) is a nonprofit organization teaching youth, parents, and educators to comprehend, create, and challenge media, focusing on at-risk and underserved populations that cannot typically afford media programming. The LAMP is seeking a Media Literacy Workshop Facilitator who will be responsible for teaching and co-teaching media literacy workshops across New York City at schools and community organizations.
The ideal candidate:
- will be extremely proficient in digital media production (video editing, graphic design, web coding & design, photography, visual storytelling, etc.)
- have experience working with young people
- occasionally transport tech equipment to/from The LAMP’s midtown offices.
- expected to extend The LAMP’s programmatic core values:
- media literacy as a basic need
- access for all
- process over product
- critical curiosity
- media for civic engagement
COMPENSATION: $25-$35/Hour (depending on experience)
Apply Here: Media Literacy Workshop Facilitator at The LAMP