Fields: environment, law, policy, communications, civic engagement
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
About the Organization: West Coast Environmental Law harnesses the power of law to solve complex environmental challenges. For over 40 years we have provided legal information, advice and support to British Columbians in every corner of the province seeking to protect their water, lands and air, while working at the provincial and national level for systemic legal solutions to environmental problems.
About the Position: This is an immediate opening for a part-time staff position at our Vancouver office, 25-30 hours a week depending on availability and level of experience. Reporting to the Senior Communications & Engagement Specialist, the Digital Strategy Coordinator will be responsible for managing and analyzing data in our Salesforce database, developing data-driven engagement strategies and using digital tools to advance our engagement and communications goals across the full range of West Coast’s campaigns and projects.
- Has significant experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM database
- Is excited about using their database management experience to advance environmental protection and social justice goals through effective, data-driven communication
- Has a track record of proactively developing approaches and solutions to advance digital engagement objectives
- Will excel at the administrative and back-end work required to expand and deepen our network of supporters, allies and clients
- Is detail-oriented and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done; Has strong time management skills; with a demonstrated ability to meet multiple and concurrent deadlines; Has a positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting
- Experience with Drupal or other website content management platforms an asset
Estimated Salary: Salary range is based on an annual full-time salary of $50,000-60,000, commensurate with experience (i.e., $40,000-$48,000 at 0.8 time, or $35,000-$42,000 at 0.7 time). Position includes a generous vacation allowance, extended health benefits (after three months of employment) and pension (RRSP contribution) after one year of employment.
Deadline: March 29, 2019
West Coast Environmental Law