Fields: youth, education, job training, poverty, community development
Location: Chicago, Illinois
About the Organization: Genesys Works is a nonprofit organization that trains and employs high school seniors to perform professional services for major corporations. Our mission is to transform the lives of disadvantaged high school students through skills training, meaningful internships, and impactful relationships. You will see students enter the program as typical kids and graduate 14 months later as self-confident young men and women with clearer visions of what they want to accomplish in life and defined plans for how to achieve their goals. Over 90 percent of our graduates go on to college as a result of the Genesys Works program and the people like you who make it happen.
About the Position: Helping teach our professional skills curriculum to students during an eight-week summer training program: Delivering a College Connection program aimed at helping students choose and apply to colleges, including applications for scholarships and financial aid Coordinating and leading weekly team meetings of Genesys Works students during the school year. Working with guidance counselors and teachers at targeted high schools to identify and recruit appropriate students for the Genesys Works program. See link for more.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can lead, motivate and mentor our youth in a manner that helps transform these promising students into young professionals. We seek candidates who believe deeply in our organization’s mission, who thrive in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, and who demonstrate a record of achievement in previous activities.
- Four year college degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Heart, humor and a commitment to our youth development mission
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- Previous experience in working with youth
- Spanish language fluency a plus
- Experience in college admissions counseling a plus
Estimated Salary: $38,000 – $42,000
Deadline: March 7, 2019