Fields: social enterprise, business, nonprofit, marketing, communications
Location: Richmond, Virginia
About the Organization: Startup Virginia (SVA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit high-growth business incubator that currently serves over 70 startups from a variety of sectors throughout the Central Virginia region. It is our mission to connect the startup community to exceptional mentors and extensive programs in a dynamic workspace to create businesses that dramatically shape the economic landscape. Our goal is to establish Virginia as a premier destination for high-growth startups who will make a real impact in their communities and beyond.
About the Position: The Marketing and Project Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing SVA’s marketing strategies, coordinating projects, and providing a full range of development and administrative support to both the SVA team and its startup members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- 1-4 years experience in marketing and/or communications. 1 year project management experience is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience working in the digital space, including use of social media and event management platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Eventbrite, Hubspot, Survey Monkey, Slack, etc.). 1 year of experience working with WordPress.
- Working knowledge of graphic design and its components
- Passion and empathy for the startup and entrepreneurial community
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a small team
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 – commensurate with experience and qualifications. Health Insurance Stipend: $180/month.
Deadline: February 9, 2019